BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
This development will bring a number of benefits to the local community, many of which are guaranteed by the S106 legal agreement:
- Local centre and employment land: 2.7 hectares which can accommodate a range of uses, including retail, leisure and light industrial;
- Open space: at around 2.5 hectares this is generous and will enable us to provide an oversized Neighbourhood Area of Equipped Play (NEAP) adjacent to the playing fields to the east as well as a Local Equipped Area of Play (LEAP) to the north as part of a large green square;
- Affordable housing: almost 20% provision (86 homes) across the whole site;
- Sports facilities: a contribution of almost £1.1 million
- Education: a contribution of £52,500
- There could also be as many as 120 local contractors working on the site at any one time during construction. We are therefore able to offer significant numbers of jobs over a sustained period.