Benefits to the Community
Our development will deliver a number of positive contributions to the local community.
- In line with the emerging Local Plan, 30% affordable homes – 24 – will be provided.
- Our proposals will unlock £33,600 in investment in the local area through the Government’s New Homes Bonus initiative.
- At outline stage it was agreed with North Devon Council that the following financial contributions would be made:
- £390,533 towards improvements to the A39 North Devon Hospital Junction, including improvements to pedestrian crossing facilities at Pilton Bridge Junction, and highway works to reduce traffic impact in the Pilton area of Barnstable.
- £300 Sustainable Travel Voucher provided to the first occupiers of each new dwelling.
- £313,352 off-site public open space contribution.